IgG anti-nucleocapsid antibodies reduced the risk of re-infection for a period of 6 months, says a research conducted by the PMC and PIPH joint team of researchers.


PIPH & PMC faculty’s Research Published in "Therapeutic Advances in Vaccines and Immunotherapy".

Identifying higher risk subgroups of health care workers for priority vaccination against COVID-19


PIPH & PMC faculty’s Research Published in International Journal of GYNECOLOGY & OBSTETRICS.

Knowledge of danger signs and BPCR at community level can significantly reduce pregnancy related complications.


Project review meeting of Naunehal Pilot Project.

Prof. ZA Bhutta, Director Research of the Center for Global Child Health, SickKids, Canada leading the project review meeting of Naunehal Pilot Project.


General body meeting of PAFEC KP Chapter held at PMC


PIPH faculty’s research on hand washing behavior change published in Oxford Journal of Public Health


PIPH faculty's article published in WHO EMRO's East Mediterranean Health Journal

Prime Foundation & AKU's collaborative research project published in Lancet - Global Health

Study was regarding community engagement for immunization.


Emergency & Disaster Management workshop in collaboration with Rescue 1122 and PDMA

Participants were trained by specialists from Rescue 1122 and Provincial Disaster Management Authority


16th Feb, 2017 Fourth health policy forum about hospital waste management was organized at Prime Institute of Public Health (PIPH) Peshawar Medical College on February 16, 2017. Dr Saeed Anwar (Director PIPH) in his introductory speech highlighted the burden of hospital waste and its hazardous effects on health. About 85 % of overall waste is benign, but the remaining 15% is perilous that mainly comes out of hospitals. Hospital waste has short and long term health impacts on population. Hepatitis B, C and other communicable diseases primarily caused by improper disposal of hospitals’ waste. In developing countries about 18-64% health facilities are not using proper waste management. .

Research conducted by PIPH in Peshawar reveals that most of the private hospitals in the city lack proper incinerators, while public hospitals have limited numbers of it. It is also highlighted that majority of the health facilities have system in place for collection and segregation of waste, however the disposal is still a major issue.

The region had adopted the federal policy of 2005 for Environment protection. KP current government has brought an EPA/ Act 2014, but still it needs rules for complete adoption.

The forum suggested different solutions to the menace. Central waste management, in which one or two main incinerators may be installed in peripheries to collect all the waste from different hospitals and labs was recommended. The forum panel emphasized that Water and Sanitation Services Peshawar (WSSP) should take the leading role for proper waste management in hospitals. WSSP representative highlighted that, currently we are dealing only municipal waste. It was also stressed that adequate resource in terms of funds and man power should be dedicated to the cause.

In question answer session, it was revealed that public hospitals don’t have dedicated funds for waste management. Dr. Maqsood Khan, Director T.B control program appreciated PIPH efforts for organizing such events. He stressed the need for conscious health waste management based programming of the health programs and projects and allocating the needed capacity building and other resources required for the purpose.

Prof. Dr. Hafeez-ur-Rehman (Vice Dean, Peshawar Medical College) also addressed the forum. During his final remarks he thanked the Hon. Minister and other distinguished guests for their participation. He emphasized that we should follow Malaysian Model to protect our environment and make it as a community driven campaign.

Minister local government Mr. Inayat Ullah in his concluding remarks added that “The current government has passed almost 200 laws including environment and health safety laws, but to implement those require rules as well and that is time taking task”. He elaborated that we are involving corporate sector for this. He announced that we are in negotiation with Chinese Companies for waste management. He further said that we believe that we are on the right direction towards our target. .

  • IMG_5095
  • IMG_5109
  • IMG_5127
  • IMG_5132
  • IMG_5134
  • IMG_5163
  • IMG_5171
  • IMG_5174
  • IMG_5176
  • IMG_5197
  • IMG_5201
  • IMG_5204
  • IMG_5210
  • IMG_5212
  • IMG_5220
  • IMG_5222
  • IMG_5228
  • IMG_5255
  • IMG_5269
  • IMG_5287

Simple Image Gallery Extended